These are great addition to your next meal. After baking, you can serve these in a number of ways – with garlic and butter of course, but why not try adding a side of salted olive oil mixed with parmesan cheese, Rosemary, or even a dash of red chili flakes?
- Thaw if frozen. Try thawing in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, but you can leave it for up to 4 days. Note that the longer it is left in the fridge, the more of a fermented flavor the dough will have.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature before removing from bag.
- Divide dough into desired size, 2 oz. pieces work well. Shape the dough into about the thickness of a finger. Twist the dough into a knot.
- Place on a pan or greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with butter, garlic and your choice of toppings.
- Bake on bottom shelf of pre-heated 450°F oven for about 18 minutes or until breadsticks are golden brown.