Thank you for your interest in a career at Guttenplan’s Frozen Dough. We are always looking for fresh, talented, and enthusiastic individuals to join the Guttenplan’s Team. Even if there isn’t a specific job vacancy advertised here, please feel free to contact us.
Current Positions Available
Bakery Training Technician
Guttenplan’s is seeking an enthusiastic Bakery Training Technician to support In-Store Bakery teams at a major food retailer headquartered in Western Pennsylvania. This position requires daily travel to store locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, where technicians perform assigned bakery training. Training includes instruction of associates on retailer specified procedures & techniques for the production of bread, rolls, bagels, cakes, cookies, as well as other bakery items. Training requires fine manipulation of both hands for up to 10 hours per day as well as being capable of lifting 50 pounds. He or she must be able to work in and out of Walk-In Freezers/Refrigerators as required for typical bakery production. Additional sales & training duties may be assigned as needed to service account and ensure retailer’s expectations are continually met.
The successful candidate will be an employee of Guttenplan’s and imbue courtesy and professionalism in representing our brand during all interactions with in-store bakery associates & store management. In addition to acting as the training lead, he or she will ensure bakery associates & managers questions/concerns are addressed in a timely manner. Finally, technicians are also required to diligently provide Guttenplan’s with daily feedback, essential information, and a summary of training activities each day via the Daily Journal system.
- To ensure retailer’s bakery associates are appropriately trained in executing the daily bakery production and attending to all other day-to-day activities required for efficient In-Store Bakery operations.
- Represent Guttenplan’s in a professional and courteous manner during all interaction with retailers’ staff and store management teams.
- Develop & deliver strategic training and demonstrations to drive in-store knowledge and ability of bakery associates.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with in-store and management level associates.
- Work with all the items that retailer stocks within in-store bakery department.
- Train only on procedures and techniques specifically endorsed by retailer corporate office.
- 3-5 years’ previous experience within a retail bakery or in-store supermarket bakery
- 1-3 years’ previous experience working with frozen dough products
- Dependable transportation is highly recommended as it will be used to travel to different customer locations
- Ability to train small groups
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a self-managed & self-motivated manner. Result oriented
- Flexible and able to manage adversity
- Ability to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please submit your resume to Tammy Jugan National Sales Manager at email@example.com